Sunday, July 22, 2007

Vacation!

.



So, we went on our first "vacation." At least one where we weren't visiting my sister and her family! We stayed at a hotel on the beach. Gracie would NOT walk on the sand... at ALL. She would get one foot on it and scream with her arms up for me to pick her up. She didn't seem to mind it at the shoreline though where it was wet and packed down. We were only there for a couple of days so I didn't really get to work on her with the sand or the water. I had gotten her some sand toys, and she did enjoy playing in the sand... but only from the safety of my lap on the towel!

And she liked the water at first. But our first day there the waves were pretty big ( umm, I didn't even know lakes got waves like that?!?) and she got knocked over on the shoreline by them. Then I carried her into the water. At first she loved the rocking motion. But then, out of nowhere, a wave would come and go right over her head. She didn't cry about it... but I don't think she liked it. The next day she wanted nothing to do with going in. She did enjoy the pool. But even that.. unless there is a shallow kids pool, she just likes to stay on the stairs or edge. She did discover the whirlpool though and surprisingly LOVED it. She had sooo much fun with our cousins and my little brother and sister. She was really very cute with them. Whenever she is around younger children she loves to give them kisses and help take care of them! She will make a very good big sister one day ( not ANYTIME soon!)!

She was really into our room. Of course being very excited to sleep with me. But she would love going in and out of the sliding door and just laying up on the bed "chilling out." Her schedule got a little screwed up so the picture of her on the bed is her pretty tired on a night where we had a big dinner to go to. There are better and more pictures of her ( where she's actually smiling!) So I will update soon! As soon as I can get my hands on the pictures.

1 comment:

kristin said...

Yeah, where are the smiles? Gracie sure doesn't look like she is enjoying herself!