Sunday, June 29, 2008

"Vote for 'Bama"

Okay, Gracie may not even be 3 yet, BUT she is already getting political! These aren't the best pictures I could have gotten ( I didn't notice the shadow until now). Her shirt says "I'm a Little Hope-apotamus... Obama 2008). She LOVES this shirt. If you ask her what it means she says " Vote Bama". If you ask her who we're going to vote for she'll shout "BAMA!" Granted of course she got this from me... but it doesn't make it any less cute. We are decked out here with Obama wear and even a really cool Obama tote. She's so proud of her shirt, probably because it has a hippo but hey, still no less cute.
Gracie is doing well. She is sooo excited for her cousins to visit. Since I'll be at school and interning the day they come she gets to go to the airport to pick them up. And she hasn't stopped talking about it since we told her last week. She is dying to have a sleepover with Leanna and Emily. She has never gotten to have anyone sleepover at our house.. so its kinda a big deal. Hopefully my little brother and sister will be comfortable enough to come for a sleepover soon!

Gracie's made lots of new friends at school. And she is doing well healthwise. We get to switch doctors in July so that's exciting. Her dr before was 30-40 min away before... now they're across the street, and speedy! We've been doing lots of swimming ( well the days we don't have anything to do and it is actually nice out). And I took her to "Concert in the Park" last week with my mom and stepdad for a picnic and the music. She loved it, but didn't last long because she was so tired ( she hasn't taken a nap at school yet... her teacher told me that they'll think she's asleep but she'll be faking)! Since she is used to getting a nap she has a hard time when she misses it.

I can't believe she'll be 3 so soon! The time has flied and I swear she is 2 going on 13. Sometimes the things she says are so grown up or teenager-y. If I'm nagging her about cleaning her room or something, she rolls her eyes and says " What-ever mom" ( I put the hyphen because she actually stresses the second syllable after a slight pause.. just like a teenager!) I'm very scared for the teenage years! But for now just enjoying every single second with her. We were cuddling in my bed watching a movie and she looked at me and said " Mom, I'm so glad you're here, You're my best friend I've ever had." I thought it was so cute and funny.

I also pointed out a rainbow to her for the first time. When she saw it her jaw dropped and she asked " Mommy, who did it?" I told her God did it. She was amazed. She asked me if God colored it with markers? Those are the moments I hope I'll always remember.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Lisa: Can you give me a call? I can't seem to find your phone number.

Thanks!
Elaine

Anonymous said...

hope all is well, have not heard from you in a while.............Lenore