Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Potty Training!!!!!

To start, I don't know why but lately when I put Gracie down for a nap when I go in later to check on her she is sleeping in weird ways. In the picture below she looked like she was in the middle of playing and all of a sudden passed out with her head at the foot of the bed and her tiger right on top of her. A couple days ago I went in and she was sitting indian style slumped over fast asleep. Weird!
Publish PostGracie LOVES spaghetti! I don't have any pictures of her on the potty... so I included these and will have to add potty pictures later. Gracie is doing AWESOME with potty training. She has had very few accidents and now even just tells me when she has to go if she does not just go herself. I made her a potty chart with disney princess stickers as a reward. And if she gets a line of stickers filled up then she gets a prize of her choice. So far she's gotten the Aristocats dvd, and now she is working towards a Barbie. She has for the most part been going on a potty training potty but now is starting to use her cool step potty seat on the toilet in her bathroom. She even stays dry while we're out running around. She has overwhelmed me with how fast she picked it up. I'm so proud of her and even better she's sooo proud of herself!!!
Also, Gracie's language skills have been developing rapidly. She is using 3-4 word sentences. She is very articulate and talkative. Unfortunately she learned "poopyhead" ( I am guessing at school) but other than that her vocabulary is great and just increasing so quickly. She says " Can I please?" "Mommy, I have to go poopy, hurry up, lets go!" And she's just so funny, she says funny stuff constantly and is like a little mirror image. Now everyone's REALLY got to watch what they do and say in front of her because not only will she repeat/imitate it but she remembers EVERYTHING. I am constantly amazed at how good her memory is. She remembers things that happened months ago. It's crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worth the wait to catch up with Gracie! Great Photos! Beautiful and expressive, happy Mommy and Daughter! Keep enjoying it all!Love Grandma sharon Brunet!!! We can't resist checking in on you!!!

alesworld said...

Come on Lisa! We need more details!