Monday, December 10, 2007

Ummm VERY Belated Halloween Post!

Okay, so it has seriously been forever since my last post and I apologize. We have been VERY busy. We moved which was an enormous job, especially since it ended up happening during the week so I was busy with work and school. Gracie's Aunt Kristin came stayed with us for a few days. Which was super fun. Gracie and her Auntie became the best of friends. And then I've been really busy with school and work. Next semester I'm taking 18 credits so I won't be working any longer, but I'm sure we'll be just as busy!
So, I've been wanting to write about Halloween badly. At first Gracie wanted nothing to do with her costume. Even after she saw her "aunt" and "uncle" Chloe and Zach wearing their costumes.. I thought I would never get her in one ( I brought her two options) But at the last minute she finally submitted. And oh my goodness, the pictures don't do her justice. For whatever reason everytime I was taking her picture and I asked her to smile she would do this weird fake smile. She LOVED Halloween. She was running up to the doors saying "Treat! Treat!" She was really packing in the candy. She was even saying Happy Halloween to everyone! And for weeks and weeks and weeks I heard " Happy Halloween, Trick or Treat" I usually had no idea what she was saying at first because I just wasn't expecting that to be what she was saying. She had a really good time with my little brother and sister.




When we first moved Gracie would not sleep by herself through the night. And she wouldn't go to sleep unless I sat in her room until she fell asleep. Which sometimes would take forever. I gave her a big girl bed when we moved and it was all just a little too much for my lil munchkin I guess. But now she is back to sleeping in her own bed all night and going to sleep on her own. Sometimes she'll call me in there for various reasons, but for the most part she does it on her own. And she does sometimes keep calling out to me every few minutes " What are you doing Mommy??" Actually that is probably one of her most frequently used phrases now. " What are you doing?" and "What's That?" . She is extremely inquistive. She is very dramatic and stubborn as well. She huffs and puffs. Goes " Geez". Very bossy. Likes to tell everyone what to do, where to sit and what to say. She's still very affectionate. When's she's up to something and I call out for her she ALWAYS says " No mom, go away!" That's when I know its time to go running for her! She's very into retelling her experiences. She's very independent. And if she knows she's in trouble or doesn't like what she's being told she closes her eyes and pretends she's asleep or will tell me she's tired.

And as for Christmas. The day after Thanksgiving we put up all our Christmas decorations and Gracie just has been so excited ever since. I am taking her to see Santa this weekend ( hopefully I'll post pics of that sooner than I posted the Halloween ones!) and I was telling her about it and now she keeps talking about Santa's lap. She gets sooo excited whenever she sees Christmas lights or trees. And if she sees Santa she starts screaming his name till someone acknowledges her! Santa went a little overboard this year, but I think that this will be her first year that she really gets Christmas. She is already so excited! Which makes me so excited!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cute pics....Gracie is adorable and lucky to have you as mom! Sounds like she is imitating behaviors she sees around her, kids are like little mirrors, they reflect back what they see and hear, so got to be extra careful from here on out....gosh i sound like dr spock...sorry :( ......do you have that harvey karp video?? he says mitate the kids behaviors when they are upset aor tantruming, don't make fun of them, but demonstrate visually what they are feeling and doing and saying...they usually stop and look at you as though you are nuts!! It gets their attention and they really understand it. he calls the toddlers little cavemen, because they do not yet have the language and understanding of us civilized adults. LJ

Anonymous said...

Some prize winning snapshots! Keep on blogging! Gracie is growing up!! nice 2 update! Where R the Santa pics? Iready 4 more! Love Gma s.brunet!!!