Sunday, October 07, 2007

Quite the Hand Full

Pretending to be asleep, using a pacifier ( which as you may know, she doesn't really use and never has) and waiting to get her diaper changed.... silly head...

Trying to hide from me behind the towels to avoid getting her teeth brushed..... Notice her look of angst : )

My silly willy giggling chef.....

Okay, as always Gracie is very funny and cute. She has definitely entered the terrible twos though. Full blown tantrums in parking lots and stores. Refusing to go to bed. Screaming at me to "Shut up!" and slamming her bedroom door when I tell her no( actually this makes me fear her teenage years!). She is REALLY asserting her independence. I am reading a parenting book about how to properly deal with this behavior and hopefully it will help. She is into EVERYTHING. Nothing is safe! But in between it all she makes jokes and is sweet with her kisses and cuddles. Thank goodness for that. Plus she is such a chatterbox. She just talks and talks... and is very animated when she does talk. She tells these long stories and everything she has to say is VERY important. I can't imagine where she gets her talkative-ness from.

We went to her two year check up last week. The doctor said she now has two of the criteria for neurofibromatosis... so a diagnosis looks eminent.

4 comments:

kristin said...

You didn't tell me you blogged! Cute pics. Yes, I remember those terrible twos! Yikes. I did get one of those very important talks you were talking about from Gracie the other day while she was at Grandma's! She went on and on about who knows what! Yes, it does remind me of someone else when they were a kid.

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if a viewing of Harvey Karp's dvd "The Happiect Toddler on the Block could be beneficial???? lj

alesworld said...

She's adorable!

Anonymous said...

i came looking 4 a new entry but really had fun reviewing this one again! u r a good mama Lisa! gracie is a happy and lucky girl! need sum mumand daughter pic's! love, gma sharon