Monday, May 29, 2006

A Whole New Baby!!!

















Well, it has been an extremely eventful long weekend. Saturday morning in a matter of an hour, Gracie figured out how to go from her belly to sitting and how to really pull herself to standing-- she was doing it before but only if I helped a little!! BUt she was sitting in her crib playing while I picked up her room and grabbed the bars and pulled herself up. She looked so proud! ( HEr crib did get lowered two rungs by the end of the day though! I'm not taking any chances!) And ever since, she is like a whole new baby. She is all over the place. She may not be crawling, but she sure is starting to climb and scoot more. She is starting to make more and more sounds as well. It is almost like she has all of a sudden really started developing a much stronger
personality.





She went swimming for a first and second time as well. I think she's going to be my little fish! She seems to feel the most secure and have the most fun though if you are on the steps and she can feel a bottom. But she loves to splash around. She also took her first shower with her mommy and loved it. I can't help thinking that maybe she was just excited to see what it is that happens behind that shower curtain. She always sees me go back there but probably didn't really know what I was doing. Maybe not, but it's funny to think about!


















I am really working on clapping with her too. I clap everytime she goes from her belly to sitting or stands... or really any kind of accomplishment. I clap and cheer. And slowly but surely she is starting to try. Right now she mainly uses one hand to clap and closed fist, but she is getting the idea. Besides, the proud look she gets makes it near impossible not to do it!! I'm so proud of her!! And she's got two little teeth half sprouted on the bottom! She is starting to used her little jaws to mash things when eating . So, I've been giving her some table food here and there. And she's drinking out of her sippy cup splendidly! Ahhhh, my baby is changing sooo much!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Gracie is growing so quickly! I love the pool pictures, she is so pretty in pink! She is very photogenic, the most beautiful smile...miss seeing you both!lj

kristin said...

AW MY GOSH! She is just getting cuter and cuter. Thank goodness the weather is decent enough to get her outside! Come to Texas and we will get her swimming without a floaty!!