Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween!

So, a couple days before Halloween, I tried a couple different costumes on her. First I put on Pooh, and she was in front of the mirror and just stared and smiled. Then, I tried the princess costume. And she SCREAMED and cried! So, I didn't have to decide... Gracie did! She has really been good about letting her opinions and wants be known.


( yes, i know that is a scary picture of me... but gracie looks way too cute not to post it!)

Well, it was not Gracie's first Halloween, or first time getting dressed up, but it was her first time trick or treating. She even held her own candy bag.... and had some chocolate... she LOVED it. We went with Rosana and Anthony. Anthony is Gracie's age... and they were VERY interested in one another. It was pretty darn cute.
We went to the allergist yesterday and my suspicision that Gracie is allergic to eggs was confirmed. She is not terribly allergic though so she just can't eat plain eggs. She can still eat most things with eggs in them. The dr. even said that she would most likely outgrow the allergy. And the less things she eats with eggs in them the sooner that will happen.
Gracie also surprisingly enough loves tomatoes and portobella mushrooms. She shoves tomatoes in like it's nobody's business!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with Gracie, I like the Pooh costume much better than the princess!! Walking and talking and biting, oh my!

Sometimes you just have to let kids develop at their own rate. It is good to be concerned, but not overly. A watchful eye and a mom's gut feeling are the best sources of information. Always try to keep a level-headed perspective on the seriousness of "the delay." Listen to others, but then you decide what is and is not a concern. lj

Unknown said...

Hi lady boo....Gracie sure WAS cute in that pooh costume. But it was so yesterday...i think we could use some new pictures...!

Unknown said...

oh that wasn't bubbachubba...it was me kb