Wednesday, July 05, 2006

My First 4th of July!!

Well, we didn't do much during the day but we had a very fun evening! Gracie took an early evening nap and then we walked to the park for fireworks! Unfortunately, I was unaware dusk was as late as it is so we were kinda early! There were tons of people there though and Gracie didn't seem to mind the wait at all. In fact, when we first got there before we got a spot she started kicking and laughing with excitement about all the activity and people. And then she had fun just crawling all over me and the blanket! The picture above was taken before the fireworks started...
















I was nervous that Gracie may get scared by the loud noise of the fireworks. But fortunately, she didn't mind at all! The above picture on the top left was taken right when the fireworks started. She just layed back in my lap and took it all in. They must have made her nervous though because she suddenly stood up, turned around and clutched on to me watching the fireworks over her shoulder. So I put her up on my knee, gave her her blanket and wrapped my arms tight around her and she was happy once more. There were times when I looked at her where she just had these wide eyes and her mouth hanging open! The fireworks kept her attention for an amazing 20 minutes ( which is an extremely long time for something she is only watching to keep her attention!) Then she got distracted by a water bottle, but she did watch the finale! All and all a great first 4th of July for Gracie I think!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you both had a nice time, not unusual for the little ones to cling during the booms and bangs. I'm amazed that she lasted until dusk, darkness does seem to take forever to arrive on July 4th. Who took the pictures? You are both looking wonderful! Guess Who? Yep, you're right.....

kristin said...

Yeah, WHO took the pictures??? S.L.???I have to admit Gracie looks petrified in that picture.

Bonnie said...

Hi Gracie! We met your daddy tonight at Peking House! He is so nice. We had our baby, Conner, with us. You are a beautiful little girl. Maybe we can play at the park someday.

Anonymous said...

Gracie and Lisa! Gorgeous Girls! Life is like fireworks, a little loud and scarey at times, but really fun if you have folks who love you and hug you through to see the beauty and wonder in the sky! Speaking of sky! U guys are off to San Antonio very soon! Hugs to all! Enjoy! Oma Sharon

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.